Environmental Handling Fees (EHFs) are charged on the sale and distribution of all new electronic products regulated in Nova Scotia.
Paid at the time of purchase, the fee reflects the true cost to collect, transport and responsibly recycle each item at the end of its useful life.
The EHF is not a tax, nor is it a refundable deposit.
The following EHFs will be charged on the sale and distribution of new electronic products in Nova Scotia
- Desktop Computers – $10.50 (including bundled components)
- Portable Computers – $2.10
- Computer Peripherals – $0.90
- Desktop Printers – $6.50
- Display Devices (televisions & monitors) -
- ≤ 29” – $11.50
- 30‐45″ – $24.50
- ≥ 46″ – $43.50
- Personal/Portable Audio/Video Systems - $0.40
- Vehicle Audio/Video Systems (Aftermarket) – $2.75
- Home Audio/Video Systems – $3.50
- Home Theatre in a Box (HTB) Systems – $6.00
- Non-Cellular Telephones – $0.85
All EHFs are subject to applicable sales taxes.