Electronics & Precious Metals
Join science educator Alan Nursall as he talks about the incredible resources inside our electronics. He’ll tell us all about the different types of metal, the amazing things they do and why it’s so important for us to recycle them.
- What are some of the reasons why we use gold in circuit boards?
- What happens to the gold and silver when it gets recycled?
- Copper is used in our electronics for a number of reasons. How many reasons can you name?
- Palladium is even more rare than gold. How many times more rare?
- Aluminum is used in our electronics for many reasons other than how durable and lightweight it is. What are some of those other reasons?
To find out where to recycle your electronics safely, visit recycleMYelectronics.ca.