How to Wipe Your Device
Wipe your drives. Clear your SIM cards. Protect your privacy.
Before you bring your electronic devices to one of our safe and secure drop-off locations, here are some practical suggestions on electronic recycling:
- 1. Assess if the electronic device could be given away.
- 2. Ensure the account service for your device is deactivated, if applicable.
- 3. Clear your device of personal information, including removing the SIM card.
Wipe your drives. Clear your SIM cards.
Protect your privacy.
- • Clear all personal information from computers, cell phones and electronics, prior to drop off.
- • Ensure all memory storage areas have been cleared of private information.
Find out how:
- • Consult manufacturer’s website or electronics owner’s manual.
- • Download data erasure software or data shredding apps.
- • Ask an expert.
Ready to free up needed office/storage space?
Ready to make a positive impact for the environment? We’re ready for you.